This week, my "To Do" list evolved into a manifesto of sorts, and I took that as a sign to take the time to actually put my values onto paper and out into the world. Below is a section of my hot-off-the-press manifesto:
- Keep your workspace clear of clutter.
- Be open and receptive to inspiration everywhere and at any time.
- Treat your work as a sacred craft. You are merely an agent of the universe.
- Do not disrespect your muse by allowing yourself to become more important than your message.
- When you show up to work, be 100% present. Do not multitask.
- Your work should be born from inspiration, not from outside pressures to create in a certain way, maintain a certain look or appeal to a certain audience.
- Work hard and diligently and the right people and connections will come to you.
- Do not allow your creative spirit to be threatened.